Rose Sugar Scrub
Rose Sugar Scrub
Most people who know me well know that I have a holistic approach to almost everything. After going vegan I quickly realized how everything we expose ourselves to and ingest has a direct effect on our bodies. I also realized how I reacted to processed foods and unnatural beauty products. Example: My first over the counter face wash (Neutrogena) had me hiding for a month after one time of use. -___- Needless to say I ditched that part of my morning routine and substituted it for something I knew wasn't going to give me hives and make me look like a science experiment gone wrong. And let me tell you I've been glowing ever since.. Here's why:
Benefits of Rose
1. Antibacterial: Naturally antibacterial rose essential oil makes can help treat acne and acne-prone skin. Combined with its cleansing properties, rose makes an ideal ingredient in face washes and cleansers.
2. Anti-inflammatory: While we may think of roses for their iconic deep red color, rose oils can actually help reduce swollen spots or redness on your skin. Its calming properties can also help soothe rosacea and eczema.
3. Antioxidants: Rose contains high amounts of vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant. This important vitamin can help protect skin cells from damage, such as from staying out in the sun too long. Some evidence even suggests that rose water can help prevent sunburn.
4. Moisturizing: The natural oils found in roses help lock moisture into the skin, keeping skin feeling smooth. Rose is especially beneficial for those with sensitive skin because the sugars in its petals create a soothing feeling.
5. Naturally fragrant: Many organic beauty products choose to include rose for its delicate aroma in lieu of artificial fragrances.
6. Relaxing: When used aromatically, rose calms and soothes the mind. In fact, rose petals are a staple in Ayurvedic medicine to detoxify and calm. While this characteristic doesn’t directly add beauty benefits, it sure makes that rose-scented lotion or cream an extra pleasant experience.
7. Toning: As a natural astringent, rose helps tighten pores and restore suppleness for a glowy complexion. Unlike conventional alcohol-based toners, rose leaves skin feeling smooth, not dried out.
I'm not gonna bore you with obvious instructions but here's basically what you need to know:
Ingredients: Rosewater Concentrate, lots of sugar, a little less coconut oil unless you want an oily texture, and crushed up rose petals I put in a mini blender to break apart.
Mix all these ingredients together in a bowl or container and voila! Enjoy pretty people :)